The NPD Technologist will design and develop products that meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Interpret NPD/EPD briefs and concepts into innovative, profitable and production friendly products
- Identify and drive key new product development project initiatives within the business
- Comply fully with the NPD/EPD procedure, undertaking any training necessary to improve the NPD/EPD process. Extend the bakery knowledge and innovation skills within the Development Department increasing our expertise.
- Ensure product concepts meet cost and margin aspirations
- Accurately record project details to ensure all information is available and transferable within Development and to other Departments. Assist in preparation of documents for handover meeting to the Process team
- Ensure that NPD/EPD successfully translate from initial brief through to full factory production. Assist at factory trials and work with Process and Ops to ensure products are representative of what the customer approved
- Assist the Commercial team in the successful delivery of new products to an agreed plan
- Representing the company in front of suppliers and customers where required, actively build relationships with suppliers to help maximise our knowledge within the category driving innovation
- Using key suppliers to drive new ideas, processes and identify product improvement/savings
- Regularly conduct a systematic review of manufacturing methods to drive efficiencies and increased profitability
- Work with the wider teams to advise and assist when required.
- Self-management on a day to day basis on appointed key development projects which have been briefed and scoped and agreed to progress
- Any other duty deemed appropriate by the NPD Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Ability for recipe generation and recipe adjustments throughout the development process
- Visually innovative and creative
- Ability to work hands on with the product
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate – basic computer skills and knowledge of word and excel systems
- Previously held an NPD role
- Retailer experience
- Desire to drive change
- Food Science
- Driving license
- Good presentation skills
- Confident and articulate
- Enjoys a challenge and can deliver under pressure
- Able to work on their own or as part of a team
To learn more, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com or call her on 01722 741840