A new vacancy for an Electrical biased Design Engineer has become available at a market leading innovative manufacturing firm based near Salisbury.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead designs on new technological / electronic projects with external electronics manufacture companies.
- Production of new wiring schematics using AutoCAD or AutoCAD electrical.
- Generate new wiring looms designs.
- Provide electrical design expertise for new electro-mechanical products.
- Assist with general drawing office duties as required.
- Take on responsibility for understanding and then maintaining electrical compliance for the range of products.
- Ensure products remain compliant with relevant electrical safety standards; including submitting products for approval as required.
- Attend site with sales department, to understand existing product range.
- Attend trade and technology shows with design and sales to formulate ideas for new products.
- Work with sales when creating electronic / technological design briefs.
- Offer technical assistance to service engineers.
- Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics engineering graduate; Degree / HND or HNC with relevant experience.
- Additional IT qualifications would be useful.
Examples of relevant experience:
- Electrical / Electronic engineering in a manufacturing company.
- Experience of networking electronic controls.
- Knowledge of the IOT, wireless / communications, BMS, electrical building services.
- Web page creation and customization
- Implementation of IT systems
- Familiarity with BMS integration
- Electrical / electronic trouble shooting on a production line
- Knowledge of electrical test / design standards, e.g. LVD, EMC, RED.
- Creating wiring schematics and diagrams on CAD; ideally, knowledge of AutoCAD electrical.
- Experience of wireless / communications.
- Electronics knowledge / experience of designing PCB’s to electrical standards.
A full time role Mon-Thurs with an early finish on a Friday. Based at the company Head Office near Salisbury. Free parking on site.
To apply, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com