We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Manager based in Salisbury, Wilts. Preferably, someone who will thrive in a dynamic business environment and who has a desire to develop a career in the commercial operation of a business.
This role will also offer first steps towards a career in management. As the successful candidate, you must be able to ‘see things through’ have an enquiring disposition and willingness to investigate and challenge where appropriate.
- Ensuring the day to day running of the Operations Department runs smoothly
- Booking and allocating fitters (normally contractors) to specific projects on daily basis
- Booking and controlling the use of company vehicles.
- Booking and controlling accommodation for fitters.
- Organising available resource on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all travel logistics are taken care of
- Liaise with on-site teams checking progress and dealing with any resulting issues.
- Manage admin for courier deliveries and fuel cards.
- Distributing specifications to various areas of the business
- Compiling and distributing project briefs to allocated collection points
- Use information available from current systems and records to forecast resource requirements.
- Health & Safety administration including the compilation of H&S packs and allocating suitable qualified personnel for site work
- Maintain adequate records that are regularly updated
- Provide cover for the Commercial Manager when they are not in the office.
Key personality traits and skills required
- Ideally educated to degree level with good GCSE results.
- Bright and enthusiastic attitude.
- Determined and able to ‘complete and finish’.
- Disciplined, thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to cope with difficult situations and persuasive.
- Able to prioritise and operate under pressure.
- Willing to take responsibility.
This is a fast paced, full time opportunity. If this opportunity excites you, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com for more information