The Procurement Buyer will have both internal and external recognition as an expert and is responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, supply chain assurance and collaboration with business leadership to develop a robust procurement strategy for goods and services across all area’s and levels within the breadth of their responsibilities.
- Strategy: Lead and develop any construction supply chain requirements providing subject matter expertise to other members of the; campaign, bid or project teams
- Work with the peer Group Procurement functions to ensure that supplier relationships and capability are leveraged appropriately to the advantage of the business
- Collaboratively develop plans with functional and business unit leaders to achieve annual cost efficiency targets, enhance resource utilisation, improve supplier performance and implement continuous improvement plans
- Responsible for implementing competitive agreements with preferred partners to support core demand
- Identify appropriate supply chains and commercial models to deliver the capability required
- Project Manage
- Collaborate with: Category Leads / Procurement Leads / Project Leads, to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice Supply Chain; evaluation, development and assurance.
- Experience in the delivery of large complex, multi-layered projects and supply chains through; flexibility, agility and imagination
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure, to not only have an understanding, but also to evaluate appropriate application to enable continuous improvement.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Construction experience is essential (preferably with NEC contracts)
- 8+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- CIPS Qualified Preferable • Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Proven contract negotiation skills – both commercial and contractual
- Demonstrated written and verbal leadership skills.
Contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com for a complete job spec and to apply.