A new vacancy has become available for a Buyer to join a Pharmaceuticals related organisation based in Andover, Hampshire.
The purpose of the role is to: Manage, control and take ownership of all purchasing activities for a number of business critical supplier and commodities.
This will require the use of an ERP system for order placement, acknowledgement, expediting and general housekeeping of MRP data. There is also the opportunity to further develop skills of negotiation, vendor selection, cost reduction programmes and to participate in cross functional continuous improvement projects.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Purchase order placement using MRP driven reports,
- Management of purchase orders in the ERP system including order acknowledgement and date maintenance.
- Contribution to cost reduction targets
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders
- Work closely with Planning to ensure correct forecasts are communicated to Supply Chain
- Regularly benchmark significant spends to ensure material costs are minimised, and work with vendors and engineering teams to ensure that cost reduction opportunities are realised.
- Develop and implement category plans with Purchasing Manager
- Resolve goods-in and invoice queries
- Ownership and maintenance of min/max stock levels
Skills and Experiences we require:
- Proven track record of Purchasing within a manufacturing / fast moving production environment
- Experience of using ERP/MRP systems
- Plan and coordinate materials to meet daily production requirements
- Possess a positive, flexible and proactive approach, highly motivated, owning issues
A great opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation who also offer a huge amount of attractive benefits to employees. Notorious for their ongoing development of staff, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a unique and exciting environment.
Please contact Liam@requireconsultancy.com to apply.