The job holder is primarily responsible for implementing and managing IT and BI systems in coordination with Group IT strategy and for the smooth operation the IT\BI function, providing a support service for all internal departments.
Essentially you will improve and maintain ERP processes within the department.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer IT Infrastructure (Servers, Storage Devices, Network Infrastructure, Virtual Environment, Telephony, Security…)
- Maintain security across all IT Systems
- Apply and implement the Group IT Business Continuity process
- Ensure the maintenance of IT documentation
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance (DPA, GDPR etc.) in coordination with Group IT
- Diagnose incidents and implement corrective measures
- Ensure effective delivery of business applications
- Plan and test upgrades with Business Application Administrator
- Ensure security of Business Applications are maintained and audited
- Is personally in charge of Improving and maintaining centre of knowledge for ERP processes within the department.
- Recruitment of new staff with support from HR
- Budgetary responsibility for departmental and company IT Budget
- Propose budget in coordination with Group IT for management of all infrastructure and services
- Manage spend throughout year in line with budget
- Work with external service providers, negotiate service contracts and procurement of equipment
- Development and communication of Group IT policies and best practices
- Develop strategic liaison with other departmental heads, communicating where latest technologies could be used to improve performance
- As being part of Group IT Team, skills for teamwork in an international environment
- All employees have a responsibility for quality and must check the quality of the work they perform.
Skills and requirements required:
- Network Administration
- IT Hardware Configuration (Network Infrastructure, Storage Devices)
- Virtual Environment Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Network Protocols, Methodologies
- Network Security
- SQL Database Management
- Language Development (VB, PHP, Shell Script).
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Generating new ideas and driving their implementation
- Conversancy with GDPR and legislation
- Supportive of others – Ability to support and motivate team members.
It is the duty of management to ensure that every process and system of work is designed to underwrite the continued commitment to the health, safety, and welfare of all members of staff. We will take steps to ensure that our statutory duties are met at all times, and every employee has a responsibility to co-operate with this undertaking. We also fully accept our responsibility for other persons who may be affected by our activities.
This is a full time opportunity, based in Salisbury offering a competitive salary and package. To apply, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com