We have an opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator to take on the mantle of improving an existing HSE policy and to implement, more robust processes in advance of the introduction of ISO 14001 at a Manufacturing firm based in Hampshire.
- The introduction of ISO 14001;
- Monitoring and reviewing the Company’s Health & Safety risk control, specifically risk assessments and safe systems of work, and recommending and supporting implementation of improvements as appropriate;
- Providing specialist advice on HSE matters;
- Ensuring that legislation related to the control of substances hazardous to health is complied with and adhered to, including the management of a COSHH assessment database;
- Audit and review current and future processes for HSE compliance;
- Monitor new and amended H&S legislation and analyse its effect on the business.
- Advising Directors / Managers of trends and developments in HSE management and recommending changes and improvements to meet statutory requirements and appropriate best practice;
- Maintaining and improving the Companies HSE KPIs, including reporting notifiable accidents to the HSE;
- Play an active role in the culture development towards HSE and ‘think safety first’;
- Support practical implementation and delivery of HSE legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network;
- Carry out investigations of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health;
- Creation and delivery of HSE training within the business
Key skills & experiences required:
- NEBOSH/IOSH, alternatively at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position within a corporate organisation.
- Working knowledge and experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
- Professional Membership to IOSH or IIRSM (or working towards)
- Self-motivated, self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Able to set him/herself SMART objectives.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge CAPA & root cause analysis.
- The ability to promote and deliver a culture of Health and Safety.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote compliance to all HS&E legislation.
You will be expected to deploy your knowledge and experience in regulatory and industry standard Health, Safety & Environment. You will come from a lean environment where CAPA, Root cause analysis and continuous improvement was focused on heavily.
Above all else you must be willing to join a driven and motivated team focused on improving processes, leading from the front and always working to satisfy the customer.
A great opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation with a fantastic reputation within their market space.
You will be based on site in their Hampshire offices. This is a full time role with a number of exciting benefits included in the package.
To apply, please contact Liam@requireconsultancy.com