£20k - £23k
We have a new opportunity for an Law Graduate to join a well respected local firm as a Legal Assistant progressing to a Paralegal and eventually beyond.
The opportunity we have is for a Graduate who has recently studied law or gained some valuable work experience within the legal sector to join a team where they will be educated and supported along the way to a role of Paralegal.
The main function of the role initially will be to provide secretarial and paralegal support to the fee earners.
- Accurate audio and copy typing
- Recording and relaying accurate telephone messages from clients to fee earners
- Email management (taking action where appropriate and ensuring that the fee earner is updated with any action taken)
- Ensuring fee earners comply with Best Practice, Risk and Compliance and Money Laundering requirements
- Dealing with file opening/closing and archiving
- Dealing with day to day administration of deputyships, including payment of bills
- Assisting with monthly financial statements
- Ensuring the files comply with Professional Deputyship Standards
- Preparing files for costing, liaising with costs draftsmen; sending files to SCCO and managing the process including monthly reviews
- Assisting with PI trusts/LPA’s that the Court of Protection team are dealing with
- Recording your time
- Good communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent IT Skills
- Positive attitude
If you have a Law degree, experience of working in a Legal organisation or looking to take your CILEx exams then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
The role offers multiple benefits, including an excellent progression plan.
Hours are full time, M-F. Based in Salisbury, Wilts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.