We are recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our client, a well established business renowned for their exceptional ‘service to repair’ capabilities within the water industry. The current team are full of highly qualified personnel who are on hand to repair and maintain pipes for both, private customers as well as the utility industry. They are also licensed to work in the public highway on water utility apparatus.
Overview of duties of the Operations Manager:
- Supervise manual staff and arrange their work, equipment and training.
- Complete health and safety documents and update policies.
- Meet with clients to understand what they want to do.
- Put together plans and estimates, including budgets and timescales.
- Prepare and present documents for tenders.
- Create new revenue streams and plan recruitment strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to work planning, and brief project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Gather all information for invoicing at the end of each job/project.
- Investigate and supply information to resolve disputes if they arise.
- Continue improvements on new and existing internal processes.
Skills & Experiences required:
- Operational management
- Commercial awareness
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- H&S experience and awareness
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Good budgeting skills
- The ability to work to conflicting deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Must have experience in the water industry and general construction works
- Operational management experience
- Business management and development experience
- Proven track record and solid references
- Willing to supervise work in all weather conditions and get hands dirty if necessary
- Full clean driving license
This is a full time opportunity based in Shaftesbury, Dorset.
For further information relating to the role or to apply, please contact Sam@requireconsultancy.com