We are currently recruiting for an experienced PR & Communications Manager to join an established design and engineering firm, based in Salisbury, Wilts.
The overall objective of the PR & Communications Manager is to increase brand awareness, achieving coverage of our client in all media — ultimately to aid sales and take their brand into the future.
Main duties and responsibilities:
This role takes ownership of PR across platforms – traditional and digital, showing leadership and co-ordination for assigned products & related projects globally. Although a ‘marketing’ focused role, you will collaborate with colleagues in Sales & R&D continually, demonstrating a strong communications lead on assigned projects (and work with global distribution partners to understand local commercial contexts and influence and execute global strategies).
- To inspire and lead PR resources to deliver communication initiatives that will positively impact the category/product performance
- Control New Product launches, messages and key activity – own the PR campaign plan from pre-launch into market:
- Use PR as a tool to Maximise the sales potential and profitability of today’s existing products
- Co-author marketing blueprint with Marketing & Communications Director.
Skills & Experiences required:
- Excellent communicator
- Passion for technology and hungry to drive the business plan
- Great track record for producing successful PR campaigns with effective and measurable results
- To keep a finger on the pulse within the industry and a relentless enthusiasm and energy to get out and represent our client
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the business
- Ability to manage a budget and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to manage premium brands within technology
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Proven ability of negotiation skills, both at account and product sales levels
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
- Accountable – takes ownership of business, customers and relationships
- Full driver’s license with good record
- Ability to travel up domestically and internationally as required
- 5+ years of experience in PR in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a premium brand, either Marketing, brand or product focused with a strong communications background
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- Experience of managing PR agencies
- Experience being an active and high performing member of a team
- Developing external relationships with suppliers
To apply, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com