We’re looking for skilled, expert and motivated people who’ll help our client meet national needs in Defence, Transportation, Energy and Water
This is where you come in:
The role of Project Control Manager (PCMs) deliver a comprehensive reporting/management information solution to clients, by applying a rigorous approach to the scrutiny, examination, and assessment of the data produced as a consequence of the application of effective planning techniques and controls (Earned Value, Cost and Schedule Variance, Estimates at Completion, Critical Path Analysis).
The role is high profile and both inward and outward facing; undertaking complex planning activity whilst assisting the up-skilling of Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers through proactive knowledge transfer in the Defence Sector.
The PCM thoroughly understands, customising to ensure “fit for purpose”, improving and training the Planning & Project Controls team on the use of the processes prescribed (PC software, Baseline Schedule development and management, Performance Status and Reporting, Baseline Change Control, Risk Management, Earned Value Management, Programme Controls Management System (PCMS) processes, guidance and tools, etc.)
- Support the deployment of Project Controls Processes across the breadth of the company’s portfolio
- Champion the development of Project Controls within the business and to ensure the application of Project Controls processes are consistently applied.
- Administer governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across programmes is managed on site
- Support the deployment of Project Controls
Key responsibilities will include:
- In accordance with our certification to the standards ISO 18001, ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Health and Safety Policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy
- Define Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Support project handover meetings engaging the Bid team, Project Manager and QS.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of each project, attend site meetings when necessary to discuss progress and update the project plan together with reporting back on any knock-on effects to the business unit.
- Represent the business at client meetings.
- Work with the Planning Manager to ensure that the Project Controls function interfaces effectively with the other departments
- Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and Project Controls best practices.
- Gather benchmarking information to aid the Value For Money (VFM) assessment on each project.
- In conjunction with the Risk Management and Project Manager, input into the risk, issue and opportunity register for assigned projects.
- Keep abreast of current and new Project Control techniques, technologies and initiatives which may have a benefit for the business.
- Maintain ongoing development and delivery of a co-ordinated change agenda for business improvement.
- Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of our contractual obligations.
- Undertake additional tasks / responsibilities as directed by Line Manager.
- In conjunction with other members of the team, take responsibility for meeting agreed business and project targets, controls costs in achieving to achieve targets, managing risks effectively and delivering all agreed outputs, within the agreed economics and safety regulatory frameworks.
- Contributing to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives.
- Association of Project Management – Full Member
- Degree level education in a Business/Finance/Engineering discipline
- Earned Value Foundation (APMG)
Knowledge / Skills / Behaviours:
- 8 years total industry, Finance or related experience
- 5 + years of Earned Value Management (EVM) project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical ability to utilise critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management
- Good written and oral communication
- Experience of MS Office suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Experience of MS Project and Oracle Primavera Software
- Well organised and methodical
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work without day to day supervision
- Experience of full EVM deployment across multi-million £ contracts, both in the UK and overseas.
- Have a demonstrable capability of influencing outcomes to deliver project objectives in a complex cross-functional environment
- A thorough grasp of basic contract terms and conditions and financial issues (budgets, profit and loss accountability, project cost behaviours etc)
- Flexibility and tenacity to be able to achieve project objectives and overcome barriers to progress
- Financial project awareness
- Experience of dealing with third parties and external suppliers – managing the supply chain (tier 1+)
- Experience and knowledge of Tilos or similar Time Distance Chart tools
- Experience and knowledge PertMaster or similar risk software solutions
Contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com to apply or to ask further questions.