A fantastic opportunity to join a growing business at the forefront of interior design has been created. Our client specialise in the design and supply of furniture for customers based throughout the UK.
Working within the furniture department, you will be reporting to the Estimating Manager of our rapidly expanding team. The successful candidate will take responsibility for all furniture aspects of a number of running projects, co-ordinating with project managers in different departments to enable a project run smoothly, on time and on budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and scheduling the design, manufacture and supply of a wide range of bespoke furniture for our clients
- Managing timeframes and maintaining project schedules
- Working closely with in house specialists to design and specify furniture for commercial use
- Effectively communicating design concepts to the furniture workshops for production
- Developing a good relationship with our external suppliers, understanding fully their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses
- Ensuring purchasing procedures are adhered to with adequate record keeping
- Providing daily project updates
- Managing the development of all furniture aspects of a project
To be considered, you must have the following skills and experiences:
- A good understanding of project processes, procedures and timelines
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Good time management and punctuality
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills on all levels, with clients and internal departments
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office
- The ability to form good lasting relationships with clients
- Previous experience in project management
Previous experience with Photoshop, SolidWorks or any other design related software would be an advantage but is not necessary. A design related degree or qualification would also be an advantage.
Although the position is primarily based in Salisbury, you may be required to travel so a full and clean driving license is necessary.
If you think you would be an ideal candidate and this opportunity excites you, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to Louise@requireconsultancy.com