We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing and Procurement Coordinator to join a family run business based in near Ringwood. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating the purchasing plans set out for the company on various large projects that are due to be worked on. You will liaise and work closely with a design and project team to fulfil the requirements.
- Preparing purchase orders and emailing to suppliers
- Obtaining competitive supplier quotes within 48 hours and constantly identifying and contacting new suppliers to establish best prices
- Liaising with the Sales team regarding pricing and gaining their approval
- Participating in project team from design handover through to completion ensuring a smooth transition
- Attending in handover meetings to ensure delivery dates are confirmed and technical issues are ironed out
- Cross checking invoices against your orders and quality checking all deliveries
You will be responsible for ensuring that the procedures and processes in place for the purchasing and procurement departments are all running smoothly. You also have the authority to oversee the proceses and suggest changes where necessary.
It is important that you have some experience of working in or with the Construction industry, this is due to the nature of the business and also the amount of training that would be required if you didn’t have such experience. You will need to be happy working autonomously in a Purchasing department at times but also working very closely with internal teams to ensure projects are running on time.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, with an earlier finish on a Friday – Free parking available.