Our client is starting on an exciting phase of development for the future of their mobile apps, so we are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic mobile application Software Engineer with a background in native app development (iOS and/or Android) to help them realise their vision. As part of a growing software team you will be focused on delivering a first class experience for all of our mobile application software.
- To be a technical owner for current and future mobile applications.
- Develop mobile application features that meet the scope and direction of the roadmap.
- Implement user interfaces to match design specs and wireframes.
- Ensure adherence to platform best practice and human interface guidelines in all implementation.
- Use and promote lean / agile software development principles and processes, but with a pragmatic approach.
- Ensure quality with use of TDD, CI and other automation techniques.
- Promote continuous improvement to code and architecture to ensure overall quality, performance and experience goals are improved.
- Keep a broad but specialist knowledge of application development for the appraisal and integration of supporting tools to application goals.
- Collaborate with test and other departments to assist with the resolution of test and customer feedback.
- Represent the application during internal decision making processes.
- Own the management and maintenance of platform app store configuration for release management.
- Coach best practice in all responsible areas to other team members and rest of the business.
- Promote and evangelise on overall software industry evolution and best practice.
Key experiences required:
- Broad knowledge of native mobile application development, whether in Android / iOS, or both.
- Production experience with ‘first class’ platform languages or frameworks, for example Objective C, Swift, Cocoa, Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Have delivered commercial and/or publicly available apps from inception through to deployment and feedback.
- Have developed, designed and architected apps driven by an REST / JSON API.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the broader development tool chain such as git, bash, ruby, jenkins, postman and more.
- Collaborate with users, test teams, UX and graphic designers and other teams as needed to get tasks complete.
- Work to tight deadlines
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Has a practical understanding of music and audio applications, in particular how people interact with music data and large collections of music.
Also essential to be considered for this role:
- Degree in Computer Science of an Engineering related discipline
- Experience in consumer electronics market or entertainment industry
- Experience of delivering high quality mobile applications in a commercial environment.
To apply for this technical role, please contact Louise@requireconsultancy.com