£18-22k + OTE
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Travel Specialist with field sales skills to join a unique and ethical expedition operation. This varied and exciting role will involve new and repeat business development in secondary schools across Manchester & Lancashire.
Our client provides amazing opportunities for school and gap year students through their volunteer programs in Africa, Asia, South and Central America. These trips are not only often life changing but also have a positive impact on communities and the environment.
This is a busy interactive role where you will be required to pick up the phone and book new appointments with schools and conduct a number of presentations with teachers, students and their parents. A really satisfying sales role delivering a unique opportunity.
We are looking for a real “people-person”, with a passion for travel and who is also target-driven with excellent sales skills. You will need to embrace a positive hard-working culture to successfully offer expedition experiences to new schools whilst delivering an excellent standard of support to those already travelling with the company.
We are also looking for individuals with the following:
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity
- Proven sales experience – ideally in the travel sector/ field sales, or face to face sales experience ideal
- Travel industry experience or a passion for travel
- Results orientation
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self driven with the capacity to work with limited supervision
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and liaison skills
- Computer proficient (Macs)
- Full driving licence essential
- Uncapped bonus
- Company car
- Laptop/mobile phone
- International travel
- Private healthcare